Review – 2010 BMW 760Li
Rating **** 4/5
The new 2010 BMW 760Li is definitely the car every luxury-sedan buyer should look forward to. There seems to be apparently no department in which the 760Li can be deemed insufficient. The 17-foot long, V-12 powered, rear-wheel driven BMW offers great performance, riding comfort and a host of luxury features to the buyers. Already labeled the “Ultimate Riding Machine” by many enthusiasts, this car is certainly among the very best from the BMW stable.
- Excellent engine conditions- provides amazing acceleration and power.
- Great handling and smooth ride quality.
- The car has ample leg space and width.
- Sports an extra-large high-resolution navigation/information screen that is easy to read.
- Features a lot of good features like 20-way adjustable seat, Night vision, lane departure warning, hard drive and others.
- Ultra-luxurious and quiet interior.
- Low fuel economy.
- The car weighs much more than most of its competitors.
- Both the Night vision and the Lane Departure Warning System get messed up by adverse weather conditions.
- The speaker could use some additional amp power.
The 2010 BMW 760Li is available in one option with the following features-
- Base Price: $140,425
- Engine: Twin-turbocharged and intercooled DOHC 48-valve V-12, aluminum block and heads, direct fuel injection.
- Fuel Economy: 13/18 mpg on city/highway driving.
This car is 205.3 inches long, 74.9 inches wide and 58.3 inches in height. The car also weighs in a little extra at 5,150 pounds. It sports 14.7-inch discs up front and 14.6-inch discs at the rear. In the looks department, the BMW 760 Li benefits from the new 7 series design model. The wheelbase has been extended by 5.5 inches, while the width of the car has been extended by an additional 3 inches, with considerably more leg space when compared with other luxury sedans.
An extra-wide and slightly concave chrome frame sits by the radiator grille. There is also an additional chrome bar between the two dual tailpipes. Some more features in design constitute the stainless-steel door entry trim, the dashboard in Nappa leather finishing and with elegant stitching, the roof lining and sun visors in Alcantara as well as the interior trim in exclusive burr walnut complete with highly attractive inlays.
Standard Features Include
- 8-speed automatic transmission.
- Fully Automatic Power Door.
- Electronic Brake Assistance.
- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes.
- Wireless Communication Access For Bluetooth(R) Enabled Devices.
- 2 Subwoofers.
- Hard Drive With 39GB Total; 27GB For Navigation and 12GB For Music.
- Leather Steering Wheel.
- Nappa Leather Seats.
- Power Tilt Steering Column.
- Power Windows With One-Touch Up, One-Touch Down and Pinch Protection.
The twin-turbo 6.0-liter V-12 infuses the 760Li with better-than-impressive power and acceleration. Mated with an eight speed automatic transmission, the engine delivers 535 horsepower and 550 pound-feet of torque. It can do 0-60 mph in as little as 4.1 seconds and the quarter mile limit in an impressive 12.4 seconds at 115.5 mph. The driving experience at top speeds is particularly elegant and comfortable, while an additional “Sports Mode” makes driving in rough conditions a whole lot easier. The most striking feature that is bound to grasp you attention is the smooth yet powerful acceleration of the car, even when it weighs more than most other luxury sedans in its category.
Despite the considerable body weight, this car drives around beautifully. The handling is impeccable. The automatic load-leveling suspension sure does its job well. The 19 inch wheelbase ensures a better riding comfort for the rear passengers. The interior is amazingly quiet, even at very high accelerations. The power steering is a delight to drive with, as is the 20-way adjustable seat. Features like night vision and lane departure warning system ensure that the drive is a safe one, apart from being enjoyable.
There are a number of premium safety features in this car including the front and rear automatic locking retractors, passenger airbag with dual threshold, front anti-trap device, active blind spot detection, emergency fuel shut-off service, front active head restraints, night vision, lane departure warning system and others. Like most of the BMW 7-series cars, special attention has been given to safety precautions. Almost every safety feature has been enabled in this sedan.
Well, it goes without saying that this is a superb performance-oriented high class sedan. If you are not too keen on fuel consumption and the price (which you shouldn’t be if you are looking for an ultra-luxurious sedan anyway), this is definitely the car for you.
- Mercedes-Benz S-Class
- Audi A8
- Jaguar XJ/XJL
- Porsche Panamera
- Lexus LS600hl